Calling All Aspiring Women Trial Lawyers
Milestone has established the Trial LawHER Scholarship to help a female law school student achieve her goal of becoming a plaintiff trial lawyer. This scholarship for women in law school intends to elevate a rising female leader in the plaintiff trial lawyer space and educate future trial lawyers around the power of settlement planning.
The 2021 Scholarship Competition is Now Closed.
The submission window is now closed for the 2021 scholarship competition.
See below for law school scholarship application requirements. All applicants must have submitted required materials to Dropbox and firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. ET on October 31, 2021. The 2021 scholarship winner has been selected.
How to Apply
Submit the below application materials to Dropbox here, each with the appropriate file name format: First Name_Last Name_[essay/video/letter].
- 1,500-2,000-word essay, beginning with a thesis statement (see writing prompt below)
- Closing argument video (see video prompt below)
- Letter of recommendation from a law professor
Then, in an email to email@example.com, provide the following information:
- First and last name
- Preferred email address
- Phone number
- Name of academic institution and law school program
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA
- Cumulative law school GPA
- LSAT score
As an aspiring plaintiff trial lawyer, you must recognize that a civil justice system that simply dispenses cash at the end of litigation is an incomplete system. In order to enact a justice-based standard of care in the space, the trial bar and judiciary have a duty to acknowledge the settlement planning profession as part of the civil justice system.
Trial LawHER Scholarship Winner Selection
One deserving recipient will be selected to receive $10,000 toward her future schooling. The winning essay and video will be shared on Milestone’s blog and social media, and the winner will be required to travel to Buffalo, NY – expenses paid – to receive her scholarship award.
General Rules for Law School Scholarships for Women
- Applicants agree that their entry may be published on Milestone’s website and/or social media, along with their name and academic institution.
- Recipient agrees to travel to Buffalo, NY, during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- The scholarship is awarded at the sole discretion of Milestone.
- Milestone employees and their family members are not eligible.
- Recipient’s academic institution will receive a check from Milestone.
- Any applicable federal, state, or local taxes are the responsibility of the recipient.
- Applicants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Milestone, its members, officers, directors, and employees against any and all liability and costs associated with the contest or the acceptance or use of its prize.
In granting the Trial LawHER Scholarship, Milestone does not discriminate on the basis of any applicant’s race, creed, color, age, or national origin.