Milestone has established the Trial LawHER Scholarship to help a rising 3L female law student achieve her goal of becoming a plaintiff trial lawyer. This scholarship intends to elevate a rising woman leader in the plaintiff trial lawyer space and educate future trial lawyers around the importance and impact of settlement planning.
Calling All Aspiring Women Trial Lawyers
The 2023 submission window is NOW OPEN and closes May 1, 2023.
Eligible applicants must be all of the following:
A female U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Enrolled in a 3L law school program for the fall 2023 semester.
In good academic standing.
Planning to become a plaintiff trial lawyer.
How to Apply
Please use WeTransfer to send the below application materials to email@example.com. Check out a tutorial on WeTransfer here.
- A 1,500-2,000 word essay (writing prompt below) with this file name format: First Name_Last Name_Essay.
- A 5-minute video (video prompt below) with this file name format: First Name_Last Name_Video.
- A separate Word doc or PDF with the following information:
- First and last name.
- Preferred email address.
- Phone number.
- Name of academic institution and law school program.
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA.
- Cumulative law school GPA.
- LSAT score.
- Law firm where job has been accepted post-graduation (if applicable).
- How you heard about this scholarship.
As an aspiring plaintiff trial lawyer, you must recognize that a civil justice system that simply dispenses cash at the end of litigation is an incomplete system. In order to enact a justice-based standard of care in the space, the trial bar and judiciary have a duty to acknowledge the settlement planning profession as part of the civil justice system.
In a 1,500-word essay, present a well-researched argument exploring what effect the profession of settlement planning has on our civil justice system and its stakeholders.
Capture a five-minute video explaining why you want to become a plaintiff trial lawyer. The video should be shot in closing argument-style.
Trial LawHER Scholarship Winner Selection
Each applicant’s essay and video will be judged on their ability to paint the most powerful and compelling story.
One deserving recipient will be selected to receive $10,000 toward her future schooling. This individual will be notified the week of May 15, 2023.
The winning essay and video will be shared on Milestone’s blog and social media, and the winner will be required to travel to Buffalo, NY–all expenses paid–to receive her scholarship award.
General Law School Scholarships Rules for Women
In granting the Trial LawHER Scholarship, Milestone does not discriminate on the basis of any applicant’s race, creed, color, age, or national origin.
- Applicants agree that their entry may be published on Milestone’s website and/or social media, along with their name and academic institution.
- Recipient agrees to travel to Buffalo, NY, before the start of the fall 2023 semester.
- The scholarship is awarded at the sole discretion of Milestone.
- Milestone employees and their family members are not eligible.
- Recipient’s academic institution will receive a check from Milestone.
- Any applicable federal, state, or local taxes are the responsibility of the recipient.
- Applicants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Milestone, its members, officers, directors, and employees against any and all liability and costs associated with the contest or the acceptance or use of its prize.