Through our streamlined process, a structured installment sale works to provide clients with income that lasts a lifetime. Work alongside Milestone to ensure your client receives a better NQA in five simple steps.
- When the buyer and seller of a structured settlement execute the Purchase & Sale Agreement, they sign an Addendum of Sale agreeing to a periodic payment schedule.
- The buyer of a structured settlement assigns a periodic payment obligation through the contract, resulting in a lump sum transferred to a third-party assignment company.
- The periodic payment obligation is assigned to the third-party assignment company, which then directs the entire deferral to a holding company.
- The holding company issues a contract schedule to the third-party international assignment company, ensuring all periodic payments are made, which are backed by a professionally managed structured settlement investment account.
- The holding company then distributes periodic payments to the seller according to the payment schedule in the Purchase & Sale Agreement. Through this relatively simple process, a structured installment sale can provide you with income that will last your lifetime.
This content should not be viewed as an offer to buy or sell any of the securities mentioned or as legal or tax advice. You should always consult an attorney or tax professional regarding your specific legal or tax situation. Milestone Consulting, LLC, is not engaged in the practice of law or accounting. Different types of investments involve higher and lower levels of risk. There is no guarantee that a specific investment or strategy will be suitable or profitable for an investor’s portfolio. There are no assurances that a portfolio will match or exceed any particular benchmark. Asset allocation and diversification do not assure or guarantee better performance and cannot eliminate the risk of investment losses.